Jennifer (the skinny in-law) talked me into running the Turkey Trot in Paris 2011. Because I needed to I accepted the challenge....Couch to 5K is a wonderful app...if I can...YOU CAN!~
My cheering squad!
To make sure I was ready to complete a 5K in my home town I wanted to practice...so, Jennifer and family came up for a weekend in October and we completed MY First 5K! Our time was nothing to brag about....but WE FINISHED!
I am proud of us.
Then came the Turkey Trot in Paris...Since Jennifer is expecting (may I remind you...this was ALL her idea), I coaxed Hunter into running the 3.2 miles with me. Poor Hunter ran slow so I could keep up with him. He was an awesome partner. I shaved 6 minutes off of my original time from October.
Here's the some of the group...we are missing Andy, Jorge and Mom. Hunter and I ran and the rest walked (Lyneil ran some of the 2 mile) the 2 mile. We did great! I am proud of all of us that got up and moved our tails. We also saw some cousins there that ran hard and fast (way to go Parker and Paige!).
Jorge and Amy finishing strong!
Lyneil...next year she is going to run with me.
Here we are...Eli and Hunter were running their mile.
I love these ladies. We are a strong family and I am so proud I get to be a part of it.
Hunter finishing (his 4th mile) for the morning!
Every other year, we will get to run/walk in Paris. I need some more running buddies...Neil and Amy...Ashley and Jennifer...come one...come all!






No comments:
Post a Comment