Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pictures for Mom and Kaden!!!

I(Karl) have been in Germany since Friday. We landed on Friday morning and drove (really fast) to Mannheim for a meeting at the Deere factory. Once we finished up the meeting we checked into a hotel but had to force ourselves to stay awake to better adjust to the time. I definitely went to bed early though. The next day, Saturday, we went to a small town south of Mannheim called Heidelberg which was nestled in between two hills on a river. Heidelberg's pride and joy is a castle which they are continuing to restore to its original state. Here are some pictures around town and in the castle.


Heidelberg, pictured from the castle.
Heidelberg Schloss (The Castle)
(I did not take this picture)
Overlooking Heidelberg and the Castle
(I didn't take this one either)

From inside the Castle

The world's second largest wine barrel.
(The largest had a room of its own, picture later)

Down by the river!
We drove to Zweibrucken later on Saturday where we are staying the rest of the week.

Zweibrucken stream in the fall.
(Sites like these are not uncommon)

I will post a few more pictures later... this is all I have for now since I was an idiot and did not bring my own camera. Who takes a trip without a camera? -Karl

Andrish, I hope you enjoy the pictures! Love you and will see you soon!

1 comment:

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Wow! It is beautiful. Great update! Thanks dad.