Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 09, 2007

Ol' McDonald Farm

Good morning, morning!
Hello sunshine!
Wake up sleepy head.
The sunrise in this room will always be rising and beautiful!
Well, it is what it is! Karl has now decided that we are going to buy some acreage and build. This has come from a long line of processing and since we would rather build on land in Texas we have come to an agreement that downstairs, Urbandale will have to do for now...


Our little cowboys seem to be happy aobut that as they roll around on the new carpet...dirt on the farm!
So, the painting is done, the carpet is installed and the Ol’ McDonald Farm is finished. The closet has shelves, the dresser and changing table...finished, the base boards have been stained but the tree still needs leaves. Other than that, the farm is ready for it’s little poult (Mom has named Baby K “baby poult” since we are due around Thanksgiving. The Rancher and his wife are ready to meet baby poult.
Welcome to Ol’ McDonald’s Farm, located in a suburb of Des Moines in a cute little town called Urbandale (downstairs). Yes, one of the few things that I actually painted in detail, I painted crooked. I painted the pole on the right. It has my dad's character of his flag pole that he built in Paris.The blankety, white wall, blank farm,
now has an Aggie approved “classy” barn!
Here are the pictures of all of the hard work Rancher Karl has done. We are minus base boards (have them, just not installed yet) and the tree has leaves (purchased, just not tacked on). I will post final pictures when the room is completely set up and I have my living room back in order…Hallelujah!
You have four white walls,
What do you get?
A custom closet,
And paint and sweat!

My favorite of all are the two sets of animals. Karl did such a fantastic job all the way around. But I like the Hampshire Sheep and the Santa Gertrudis Cows! I think they are priceless! The sheep are grazing in the pasture on the south wall and the cattle are in front of the hay bales and sunrise on the east wall (near the barn).

Here is Karl's favorite spot. He probably worked the hardest and longest on this patch of corn. It is non-genetically altered Iowa corn. He did a shoot up job on it!
Sorry I didn't get a good pictures of the leafless tree...we'll try harder next time (it comes up over the ceiling)! Now that you have seen some of the detail...here are the big pictures!

8 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

This is wonderful!

I am so happy for you guys. Karl, you did a great job!

Final days are coming aren't they? Praying for you all!
Couz Susan

Angela Robinson said...

Wow! That is amazing! The corn really looks 3-D! And I'm with you, Andrea, I LOVE the sheep and cows!!

Great work, Karl, I had no idea you had such a talent with paint and a brush!

Anonymous said...

Wow. . .I never imagined that much of a change. It looks great! I know you are ready to move in, unpack, organize, and relax on the couches in your living room.

Wow!Y'all did a fantastic job.
Mama Z.

Heather said...

Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It turned out great! Now, sit back, put your feet up, and let Karl do some more nesting for you LOL!

Pearson Family said...

Of course you have sheep! It looks great! I sure thought I had commented. Did you take it off?? I think I am losing my mind! I can't wait to know what that little one is!!

Josh said...

karl, i'm not gonna lie. that room is flippin' AMAZING!! i always knew you were fairly talented, but i didn't realize how completely insane you were. to quote my kids, that room is BALLER. word.

good luck. hope little joshua (just a hint on a name for your son) come soon, andrea. can't wait to see him (or her)

Rachel said...

We missed y'all at Thanksgiving, but you have a great excuse! I've just been catching up on your blog, and the nursery looks amazing!! I had no idea Karl was so talented! Very cool. We can't wait to hear about this baby!