Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish we could be in Northeast Texas this week with family, but we have family up here that are going to take us in and adopt us! Karl and I are going to go over to Roger and Diana’s house (members of the church) tomorrow. We will definitely miss being at Jay’s with everyone.

This morning I woke up to little balls of snow everywhere. It kind of looked like sleet. I went to work and have when it was time for me to come home I found my poor car and Andy’s pickup covered in a layer of snow. The streets are covered and most things are white. It is pretty right now, tomorrow it will be messy. I wasn’t quite ready for our first snow of the fall, but I guess God was ready for us to have some! I know there are many kids that will enjoy it tomorrow and this weekend.

Micah and Jennifer (cousins of mine) are venturing up here with truck and trailer tomorrow. Please pray for a safe drive and good roads for them as they make their way north. We are excited to have some of our family come and visit us over the holidays!


I have officially begun my nesting. Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:30 am and started a mass cleaning. Needless to say, there are no dirty clothes, floors or dishes in this house. Neil left the upstairs clean (she shouldn’t have wasted her time, I was gung-ho and ready to clean from top to bottom). So, we’ll see when this baby decides to come. Most members of our family have guessed on date and gender of the birth. We’ll see who is right and who is not!

My livingroom is back in an orderly fashion! Except for the fact that I need to set up my sewing machine and serger and go to town on a special baby blanket! Life is so much better when things are in somewhat of an order...

Hope everyone enjoys their time with friends and family! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gobble! Gobble!

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

We will miss you! I will take tons of pictures for you as I am sure everyone else will too. We love you both and can't wait to meet the little one.

I say boy-no reason, just have a feeling! But a girl would be a fun addition to the mix with Braxton and Brazos! :)

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I can't wait to hear that your baby has arrived...

Marianne said...

We missed you today. There are LOTS of pictures coming your way so hopefully you won't feel like you missed too much. Neil's boys are so cute. Brazos was so funny going down the stairs at Gay's house.

Can't wait to see baby pictures! Shouldn't be many more days. Get that machine out and get the blanket ready. That might be what the baby waits on happening.

Love you!
Marianne

Beck Boys said...

Looks great. Glad to see that the nesting mode has set in. You were missed. Enjoy the last couple of days of childlessness!

Pam Fry said...

The room looks great and I can hardly wait for baby K to occupy it. I know both of you are ready as well. Now we just have to wait for Her (my prediction) to be ready to meet both of you and the rest of the family at a later time. We missed you at Thanksgiving but look forward to seeing you soon. Karl, you are talented - the room looks wonderful. I know you both enjoyed Micah and Jennifer. I think they were looking for an excuse to come up there. It just worked out good for them and us as well. Love you both - all three. We anxiously await the news. Pam