Paris had a harsh winter in 2013. With a horrible winter storm earlier in December, there were trees down all over town. It looked like a tree war zone. We put the boys to work during Christmas break. They were busy hauling branches and playing ninjas...and they still had more energy than we could handle!
Every Christmas we gather as a family at Papa (and Granny's) house. Papa takes all of us in and we rock his world. We bring tons of food and more noise! I love our time together. I think the last time I laughed until I cried was at Papa's house.
Our growing family....Denton party of 1, Zant party of 2, Perez party of 3, Beck party of 5, and McDonald party of 5....whew....we may need a bigger space to take pictures in next year.
This year we exchanged (white elephant game) with board games. At first I thought it was a total flop....but....Michael threw in a curve ball (3D Pig) and Ashley brought a tire swing with a football....genius. Hunter ended up with Reverse Charades. He opened the game up (that Jennifer and Micah brought) and read "Educational fun. Well, this is going straight to the attic."! We opened the game up and played. I have not laughed so hard. It was awesome. All of the guys tried to act something out and one loner was left to guess all of the confusion. It was GREAT!
Adelynn and Gus had some bonding time while their parents were acting like crazy people.
My most favorite people in the world.
Whoa!!!!! What started with three girls has really blown into boys al a carte...with Adelynn!
I can't remember a time that we had a meal at my Papa's house where you didn't HOLD HANDS and PRAY before the meal. No one was ever asked before hand to say the prayer. You hear the call "Let's eat". You find a hand on each side of you and you bow your head. Papa will then say, "Rick, Lead us in thanks.". I remember the first time he asked Karl to say the prayer. I was so proud.
We (much younger and less mature) used to make fun of the way the prayers were started. You could almost say the prayer with them for the first few lines. I miss those days now. I love to hear my father and mother pray.
Michael's - "Father we come now thanking you" (always in a fast pace).
Dad - "Heavenly Father" (always slow and meaningful)
Papa - "Righteous Father" (the Righteous was always broken up as if two different words)
We sat down for our meal and Leland sat with us. He is eating and just randomly says, "that reindeer got stuck in the wall.", and keeps on eating. I nearly doused Karl with tea. I asked him again what he said just to confirm...love my Leland.
Jorge joined in the game of football outside. Poor Ava. She is the only girl of the bunch (minus Adelynn). She has to play tough, boy games. Just wait, Ava...Adelynn is coming!
Adelynn had her first real food at Z's house. She was more than ready. We started her off with some sweet potatoes. She loved them and still does. It was messy but she consumed the whole bowl of sweet potatoes.












No comments:
Post a Comment