Yes, we are still here! Kaden and I have had some busy days driving all over Texas seeing Karl's family and Micah and Jennifer (I put 893 miles on a van in less than one week...Whew!). I will post some pictures later of all of our travels. I have not been as good as taking pictures, so they may be limited!
Kaden and I have been making trips to Sherman. We have a family at the hospital there and our hearts and minds have been in constant prayer for them. James Hawk (who is Karl's age) is brain dead (not real sure what the exact cause was, but a body temperature of 107 degrees for longer than one hour was the result). His parents are having to make some decisions that I pray none of us ever have to see or think of making for our children. He and his family have been a HUGE part of our lives. His dad married Karl and I, I grew up with he and his sister. His mom and dad were our youth leaders and our hearts are just sad for this family at this time.
Needless to say, we have been on pins and needles waiting to hear daily the reports. Please remember to keep the Hawk family in your prayers. They are rock strong and I am ever so glad they are Christ centered.
I will update more later and give you more details of our trip, trips....




3 comments:
Oh my. I will be praying for the Hawk family.
i heard about this when i was home this past weekend, but we hadn't heard anything for a few days. Please keep us updated (I think you know my email if you aren't blogging). My heart has been so heavy for them since I heard. Our whole family was just sick. We all love James and his family and are just so sad for all of this. Pass our love on to them.
We've been praying so hard for them! James and Jana were friends of mine growing up and I just think so much of that family! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment