Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Prayer Request for Andy


Wow! What a week. Of all of the changes that we have going on right now in this one little house, we would like to add yet another prayer request. Last Tuesday, the day Kaden was born; Andy went to play basketball with his John Deere friends. He went up for a lay-up and collided with an older gentleman. When he fell, he broke his knee.

Yes, I said, he BROKE HIS KNEE. How? Well, the top of the bone where your tibia and fibula meet is one solid large bone that you can feel if you touch the outside of your knee. Andy fractured his. So instead of a solid bone at the top, his has a split all the way through it. I know this is not technical but this is the second hand information that you get!

He and Lyneil went to the doctor yesterday and then again this morning and they admitted him into the hospital this morning. He is scheduled for surgery on Thursday and to come home on Saturday. He will have a plate and bolts put in and be sore for quite some time. He was told that he would not need to put weight on his knee for two months...So, needless to say, Neil will need your prayers as well. God made her tough as nails for a reason. We all depend so much on Neil and Andy!

Please pray for a successful surgery and painless and quick recovery for the both of them! Andy said he was trying to help keep my mind off of the test results that we are waiting on for Kaden. I think I'll be busy enough with three little boys that he will accomplish his task! I am thankful for two healthy, busy nephews and one healthy baby boy, as well as one healthy (on the way) nephew!

Thank you God for mom and the tasks that she has been able to complete and the clean house that she has made for us and the time that she has been able to spend with her grandsons and daughters. I am thankful for a sleeping baby that loves to sleep most of the night. Wow, what a blessing we as a family are! Thank you God for YOUR PLAN!

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

praying for you all!

Pearson Family said...

GET OUT! THat is crazy. I will be praying for ALL of you as you adjust.

Heather said...

Wow!! Praying that you have a relatively smooth couple of months!