So it hit me today... the moment when you realize so much has just happened to make you one of the happiest people on earth and there was not much you did to deserve it or earn it. It is a true definition why children are blessings from God, a gift.
Today was busy; it started early at around 4 to 5am with one doctor after another making their rounds. One for a hearing test, one for general health, one for lactation... the list goes on. By noon the visits tapered off, back to nurse's care.
Today is ending where I started above... crying... happy... BLESSED. Sure, parents can be proud and I think we as children do everything to gain that pride. Perhaps a parent's most proud moment is that moment we, children, never knew. It was the moment we entered their lives, healthy, living, real. I smile with pride; I have a loving wife who has provided a healthy baby to our family and I stand in awe that God has given me the opportunity to be apart of it all.
I close with what I see now and with tears in my eyes...

Mom and Kaden sound asleep.




5 comments:
Well put. Great post, and awesome picture! I am glad she is able to rest.
Karl! That was so sweet!
I love the picture and glad that Andrea is able to get some sleep.
enjoy this time to the fullest!
Susan
That might be the sweetest "Daddy post" I've ever read. Now I just might cry!
Precious picture. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.
Well Ive been reading your post to get the status on the new baby. I remember Andrea announcing her pregnancy at Central's Ladies Retreat and now the baby is finally here! Sorry I havent commented until now. But I cannot read this post and not comment. I just might cry too! I am so happy for you two and I hope I will get to meet Kaden sometime soon. Congratulations, you are truly blessed!!
amy buchanan
We are all truly blessed. What a sweet picture and comments to your son and your wife. Thanks for being a good dad already. Andrea will appreciate the post one day when she reads it. Enjoy the quite while you can!!!
Post a Comment