I had a check up this last Friday and was able to take and FAIL the 1 hour glucose test. Dr. Hanson asked me to make sure that I completed the three hour glucose test by the end of the week. So, since Karl was starting on the room (painting), I spent my Saturday morning at the hospital (from 7:20 AM until 1:30 PM). I was one hungry bear by the time I came home.
I am planning on delivering at Lutheran, but Mercy Hospital allows you to go in between 7 – 8 AM on Saturdays to perform your glucose test! So, I headed to Mercy early Saturday morning. Lo and behold Mercy was having its Annual Stork Event. This is where Babies-R-Us and Mercy bring in all kinds of vendors and teach short one hour sessions on anything and everything. I attended the breasfeeding and how to let your baby sleep sessions! It was like a mini-job fair. You could sign up for everything under the sun. So, between sticks and them taking my blood, I was able to walk around and see the delivery rooms, recovery rooms and NICU. It was a wonderful surprise to a much dreaded day!
The great news is….I PASSED! I do not have gestational diabetes! I am super pumped about it and glad that I don’t have to prick my fingers daily (sorry, Neil).
I am planning on delivering at Lutheran, but Mercy Hospital allows you to go in between 7 – 8 AM on Saturdays to perform your glucose test! So, I headed to Mercy early Saturday morning. Lo and behold Mercy was having its Annual Stork Event. This is where Babies-R-Us and Mercy bring in all kinds of vendors and teach short one hour sessions on anything and everything. I attended the breasfeeding and how to let your baby sleep sessions! It was like a mini-job fair. You could sign up for everything under the sun. So, between sticks and them taking my blood, I was able to walk around and see the delivery rooms, recovery rooms and NICU. It was a wonderful surprise to a much dreaded day!
The great news is….I PASSED! I do not have gestational diabetes! I am super pumped about it and glad that I don’t have to prick my fingers daily (sorry, Neil).
Karl was able to get most of the grass on all four walls, the barn painted and the cows while I was gone! Progress, progress!
All is going well. We are two in half months away from due date and raring to GO!




4 comments:
I want to see pictures!
Aren't you just the lucky one!!
Yeah!
I am with Paige, give us some pics please!
:)
first of all, somehow i missed the memo that you were pregnant until like a week ago...so i was VERY excited and since i just figured it out, it will seem so short and fast to me since you are so close! Boy?Girl?Names? ok...too many questions for a comment. But, my mobile came from Baby Depot. They have a website...I can't remember the name of the series, but there is bedding, blankets, and other acessories to go with it.
Post a Comment