Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

Trading Mural Idea Spaces

Karl and I have been thinking about what mural we want to do for the baby’s room and we are not agreeing on much. We need more ideas. Do you have any suggestions? We thought about a few things. Either vote on one of them or throw out a completely different mural idea.

Farm Scene
Kites
Big fun animals
Teddy bears
Ducks

Remember, we are not going to find out the sex of our baby, so we have to keep it non-gender specific! This whole non-gender thing is harder than I thought it would be. It is also difficult to find yellow and green in the stores. We are going to stick with it though. Karl is much stronger than I am…

If you have any ideas, we’re all open!

7 comments:

erin said...

One idea - if you can stand it - is to not do anything until the baby is born. We did Bonnie's room after she was born. Green and yellow were ok until I had my precious little *girl* in my arms, but then I wanted everything girly.=) But farm animals is a good idea, because it can last until the toddler/preschool years. Kellen would LOVE a farm animal room even now. Just my take!

Pearson Family said...

I like farm! I would throw out Teddy bears...but that is MY opinion! What about zoo! That may be where you are going with big fun animals. The crib already looks like a cage! But, the Ol' MCDONALD farm scene would be too cute. Waiting until baby gets here is a great idea, however, I COULD NOT do that. I wanted some order. Erin, you are one strong woman! So fun!

Heather said...

I like the farm idea as well. Another thought though is to do an aquarium/sea scene. Colorful fishes could be a lot of fun also!!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Karl liked the sea thing. Of course, he is the artist and he'll be the one drawing all over the place. I am good for painting large walls one color. It will be interesting to see if we go back to the under the sea idea. I personally like the farm...imagine that!

erin said...

I hadn't thought of Ol' McDonald --you HAVE TO do the farm

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

do the farm, get a john deere tractor, a red crib or paint the crib red...red is good for the babies eyes (I just made that up, what do I know. Really?!?!) and then do bandanna and denim in the crib.

later you can dress it up for a girl, dress it down for a boy. Good for you for not finding out! That is our plan too.

Angela Robinson said...

I'm with the rest...animals are a must, and if when you're name's McDonald AND you work for John Deere...how could you go wrong with a farm-theme?

We did Norah's room in animals (wanted gender specific) and it has been SO great as a learning tool. She learned her animals WAY early, and my theory is it was from staring at them all that time in her crib (I think "penguin" is a pretty big word for a 15-month old)

Keep us updated...so fun!