Mom, dad, Amy and Jorge all flew in for Memorial Day weekend and we had a blast. When I say we I mean Wii! Karl and I; after searching for two weeks found a Wii. The plan was to have it hooked up and ready to go when Amy and Jorge got here because playing games with Amy…well, it entertaining!Micah and Jennifer located one for us in Paris and sent it with mom and dad. The day that Amy and Jorge flew in (Thursday) I made one final call just to check out the chances of there being one in the Newton Wal-Mart and I struck gold. So, Friday morning we introduced the Wii system to the Beck, Perez, and McDonald household. It was as fun as you can imagine. We played all weekend. Lyneil is great at tennis. She will kick your tail. Amy looks like a windmill the whole time while playing tennis, according to dad. Mom is fun to watch bowl as well as Amy. We had a blast!
During the middle of the day on Saturday, while the little boys were napping, Jorge, Amy, Karl and I went to explore. Jorge drove us to Winterset, Iowa and we got to see the birthplace of John Wayne and all 5 bridges. Karl had it all mapped out for us and there was no back-tracking. I must say, once you’ve seen one bridge, you’ve literally seen them all five. The John Wayne birthplace was neat…sort of. Papa is a big fan of JW, so we went by for him. We got to walk through his house he grew up in for the first 7 years of his life and we also got to go to the gift shop. Last Saturday was the 100th Birthday of “The Duke”. I thought of Papa the whole time and we got him some souvenirs.
Then on to see more and more bridges…..We saw bridge after bridge after bridge, while Karl read the stats and history on each one. While in Winterset, JW home town, also home of the one of the bridges, Karl found a sign that told about a rock tower. So, we took the tour in car mode and found it. It was probably the neatest thing we saw that day. By the way, the bridge in the Winterset Park was the neatest bridge in my mind.Here are some pictures of the four of us checking all the bridges out!
Hope you enjoy them as much as Wii did!!






5 comments:
Sounds like a good time. I've wondered about that Wii...don't know if we'll make the plunge and buy one anytime soon, but they definitely look interesting! Glad you got to spend some time with family.
Ohh I would pay money to see Amy play the WII! Not that is some fun entertainment for free! (Well not considering the fact that you had to pay for the WII!)
Josh got a Wii and wii love it! I like tennis and bowling but baseball and boxing I can do without.
The Wii might be the coolest thing to hit the planet since me. And Karl, of course!
Loved playing with your Wii Wii. I definitely CAN wait another year to get back there. Next time it will be the BBQ festival in KC. If we can't afford the flight there next time...you will just have to imagine us there. As for the bridges...yeah they are mostly similar but only one bridge is the only location where Andrea peed outside. NICE. I don't like blogs. I only read the captions with me in them. Love, Mexican. ummm...the Anonymous Mexican
Post a Comment