Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 18, 2007

We ordered a special turkey for Thanksgiving...

Well, my goal was to loose my first 30 pounds and that would be labeled my baby making goal! I made that back in March. Little did I know that we would be actually making more than just one goal! Of course, it took a total shock on my body for all of this to happen, but it did. I came home one day from work and got completely worked up about one of my ankles being swollen to the point that it hurt to bend it. So, Neil prompted me to make a Dr. appointment. I went the next day thinking that I had a bad circulation problem and well, kind of….

Dr. Tapp wanted to do an extra of my ankle and I asked him if I needed to take any special precautions in case we were pregnant. Karl and I have been trying for a year or so but not to the point where we were stressing. Since December we had been serious about it, but I was more than sure that things would happen on God’s time and His time would be after I got some of the spare tires ran off.

His plan was happening in March and I had no idea. Over the last two years I have been off the pill and taking pregnancy test like they were free. Karl (my loving, tight-wad husband) asked that I didn’t take not one more. He said, “when you are, you’ll know.” So, to be the (acting like) submissive wife I yearn to be, I respected his wishes/demands and Dr. Tapp proceeded with a blood test first. He came back in and said that my white blood count was pretty high and my iron was pretty low. I asked what could make that happen and he simply, calmly replied, probably because your blood test was positive for pregnancy!! I was so surprised I teared up and hugged him! Had no idea!

I proceeded like everything was normal because the first person I was going to see was Lyneil! I have NO game face. So, I spent most of the afternoon downstairs. Karl and I had volunteered to keep the boys while Lyneil and Andy went on a date that evening. So, after a stop to Target, I left Karl at the supper table with two messy boys and went downstairs to get him a little gift. He had it figured out when I left to run downstairs….NO game face.

We are 12 weeks and so excited. Lyneil has helped me pick out some really great stuff at garage sales and I am getting in change everything mode! Life is great and Karl is giddy!

I had to make a trip to the sonogram room early but everything turned out perfect. We heard the heartbeat and all is well!

Here are the pictures from 3 weeks ago.



7 comments:

Beck Boys said...

we are so excited. I am so glad for you and Karl and know that you will make wonderful parents. Congrats!!! I know we don't tell you enough just how much we love you!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! That is so fun!! I am so excited for you guys....

Pearson Family said...

GET OUT! I am so happy for you! What a special way to find out. Isn't God's timing...uummm...Perfect! We love you and can't wait for your little turkey! It will be here in time for my hopeful Cousin Christmas!

Angela Robinson said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!!! I am SOOOOO excited for you two! You and Karl are going to be excellent parents!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

congratulations! God's timing is perfect...I threw out the tests and junk this past weekend b/c if it truly is going to be God's timing then I need to quit worrying about it right. I am so very happy for you and Karl! I know the sisters are excited about being an aunt (one for the third time-another for the first time!)

erin said...

Congratulations to you! What great parents you will make. -Josh, Erin, Kellen, and Bonnie Jones

Anonymous said...

I just told your dad that I had seen the picture of his next grandchild. That did get his attention! We are so happy for you and Karl.We'll see you soon. We love you.

Daddy and Mama