Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Spring Break in Springfield, MO

 On the road again
We just keep traveling down the road again
This life I love is traveling with my fam
These travelers make it easy to get on the road again
 Karl had meetings in Springfield, MO over the week of spring break so we joined him.  The hotel had an indoor pool and warm cookies every day.  We had a blast. 

 During Adelynn's morning nap we read, worked on math and then the last 20 minutes the boys had time to "link up" to each other and play on their iPads.  
 Every day....
To the swimming pool
We swam at least twice (some times three times) a day
I have little fish that love the water
They couldn't wait to get in the swimming pool

 Groupon is my friend!  I watched the weeks leading up to spring break and found some really good deals.  The Discovery Center (four stories crammed full of fun) and Glow Golfing were our favorites!

 The boys laid on a bed of nails.  This was the first time in a long time I had seen Leland be this still and be awake.  

 I taught the boys Shadow People!
 One of Leland's favorites of the day was the spinning wheel.  There were all kinds of different tops and round gear like wheels.  The large (shiny) wheel in the middle of the table was constantly spinning in one direction.  The goal was to keep as many different things spinning on the wheel at once.  It was fun.  
 I was electrified!  My hair stood up, straight up!

 Kaden and I built a two bungloo house and Leland decided to build a tower.  We only had to start over once.  It is amazeing how well the kids listen and how careful they can be when they are the ones putting in the time and effort to make something look good.




 Most nights we went out for supper.  The boys were really good.  They listened well.  The hotel was walking distance to many different places to eat.  Their favorite night was the meal at 9pm.  It was room service night.  Adelynn was politely asking to be done for the day and they boys and I were still hungry (something peanut butter and apples couldn't suffice).  I ordered chicken tenders and a salad.  We devoured the salad and had three chicken fingers left over.  We enjoyed out picnic!

 The boys enjoyed Glow Golfing.  They would go back in a heart beat.  They asked to go back in and play a couple more rounds but decided swimming trumped the golf.  They also were able to go through a laser game here. Adelynn slept....whew!  I was thankful.

The week was over before we were ready to leave.  The swimming pool was a big hit as well as the Discovery Center. If you are ever in Springfield, take advantage of the neat things to do there with kids.  We had a blast and are hoping for something similar next year!

No comments: