Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 15, 2007

Shower with paint...

My wonderful husband left me all week for Kansas City. He was being submerged into the world of school again. Karl had an evaluation about 6 months ago. He and his direct sat down and Karl decided he wanted to be PMP certified by Oct. 07. His boss asked him to change his goal to attempt the PMP certification and Karl changed his goal. Still, he went full force. Being inundated with stretches, functions to make his brain retain more and more new information, high protein diet, no sugar and few carbs; Karl had a full week of arrow spinning new information being thrown at him and on Friday he was able to test. MY HUSBAND PASSED! I am now married to Karl Wayne McDonald, PMP. He is officially a Project Manager Professional! He is super excited and with super reasons to be! We are thankful God took him through this class and he is able to mark a HUGE goal off of his list!

Way to go, BABE! I love being your baby’s momma…

This week is my last week at work in Newton, Iowa. I have been working in Human Resources Dept. at the Career Resource Center for Maytag which was bought out by Whirlpool. Since the acquisition, we have been helping salaried individuals through their career transition. I has been awe inspiring (all the emotions) and such a great learning experience. I have been driving 45 minutes (all interstate)! Now, I am going to be working in the Des Moines area for my boss and my drive will be all of 10-15 minutes! WHOOP!
The lovely (extremely professional) ladies at work blessed us with all kinds of baby goodies today and we had a blast. It’s so weird to be a part of this group. I am not a “professional” person. I am me…not sure how to explain my work persona. Anyway, these ladies are fantastic and they showered us with blessings. The director that I will continue to work for personally knit this little sweater/jacket for us. All of the gifts were so wonderful and nice. I have a special place in my heart for homemade things. I will be the first to admit that I will go out and buy something off of the shelf to give as a gift, but when someone puts that much thought and time into a gift, it just makes it that much more special. Guess I get it honest from my mom and Mama Denton!
We are truly blessed…me and my PMP husband!

6 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

What an adorable sweater! No wonder you prize it.

Congratulations to Carl...that is an awesome achievement!

Beck Boys said...

How awesome - I am glad that you had such a wonderful shower. That baby will be here before you know it. Rest while you can!

Julie said...

Congratulations to Karl! Way to go! Andrea you look so beautiful..I'm praying for the entire crew! love you all.
Cousin Julie

Rachel said...

Hey Andrea! To answer your question, we got married at the Grapevine Church of Christ in Grapevine. I hope the last months of your pregnancy go smoothly!
See you at Thanksgiving?
Rachel

Pearson Family said...

That is a sweet sweater. I sure thought I had commented on your blog, but I must have got distracted!!! I am so excited for you. When are you posting pictures from the nursery? I can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

Karl is such a PiMP!