Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's Green or bust


Well, Karl has landed an interview and he knocked their socks off. He is going to get to go and pursue a dream of his. He is going up to Des Moines to work for John Deere as a Program Manager. He is smiling from ear to ear. I am very excited for him and am happy that he will be able to go up and work for the Green Company. I am thankful that Andy and Lyneil are there and they can comfort us as we get used to our new surroundings.

It will be hard leaving San Antonio. We have such good, Christian examples. I am thankful that we have had the Yager's and of all the things that Karl and I have been able to learn from them watching them love each other and watching them raise their kids.

It will even harder to pass up east Texas and not want to stop. I already said that I am excited but that doesn't mean that I am ready to go. I don't know that I ever will be ready to "leave Texas". But, I know for sure that I will be ready to come home as soon as we get ready to return! It will be hard to pass Sherry in Anna. We plan on being there for a couple of days next week. Karl is also going to go home to Frankston and spend a couple of days with his mom. After that we are going to head to Amy's and then on to Mom's. Amy called and asked me what the state of Iowa's flower, vegetable, tree, fish, bird and song are. She is so creative. I just think that she likes to say "Iowa".

I think that I had my heart set on moving to Paris in all of this. I wanted to think that is where God needed us. I know that we would have been challenged there to be a better, loving couple; but that is not the door that God opened for us. We have consistently prayed for open and closed doors and we are taking the open one. Micah and Jennifer have been so supportive and wonderful. I don't know what we would have done without them in all of this. They have worked on finding jobs for us and have been good listeners through it all.

Mom is the best. She called me Saturday morning with some downer news and then she asked if Karl had heard from John Deere. I simply said that they made an offer and she immediately light up on the phone and said that made her heart happy. I pray that God can make me more and more like my mom. Thank you for being so precious and consistent for all of us, Mom!

Karl and I are renting a truck and we are putting all of our boxes in the truck and headed north within the next two weeks!

Just wanted to say thank you. Thank you, Neil and Andy for opening your home to us and giving us the opportunity. Thank you, family for being supportive. I have three great sisters and two wonderful moms' and I consider myself blessed to have Micah, Jennifer, Tyler and Becky as family as well.

5 comments:

Beck Boys said...

Lots of emotion still to come. It will be fun and a great chance to work in a true mission field. Thank you God for family and friends to see us through times of change. One day at a time!

Pearson Family said...

Wow. What a great post. This is exciting news for you guys. Be safe in travel and please keep us posted.

Angela Robinson said...

Andrea,
Ok, so I'm starting to realize what a huge spiderweb of people blogs are! (Thanks Paige, for helping me find these long, lost sisters) Thanks so much for saying hi. After I got off of Lyneil's site last night, I started thinking about who all I remembered her being connected with (the Paris connection always threw me for a loop because it seemed like EVERYONE was related and y'all all managed to stick together!), and I thought of you., my long-time Kinko's hook-up and friend. So needless to say, I was stoked when I saw your comment this morning.

Congratulations to Karl on the new job at John Deere. My best friend's (Jenny Livingston) husband, Daniel (also from A&M CofC) works at Coufal Prater in Navasota, selling Deere parts, but he's hoping to be moved up to selling those big, Greene. tractors some day.

I'm sure that the Paris connection has kept you up with Jay, but just in case it hasn't, she and Steven are expecting a little girl in the fall! I'll be sure to tell her you said hello.

Again, so good to hear from you. Take care, and good luck in Des Moines.

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Andrea! Way to find me through Angela's blog! How fun is it to find old friends!?!

Well congrats to Karl and I pray that your move will be more than you dream of...may He bless you in this new chapter in your lives!

PS..does Jayla have a blog???

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

I have stongly encouraged Jayla to sign into the world of blogging! We'll see if it works!