Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pirates, Mi Matey!

I know that you are just beside yourself wondering about this game board that Karl has been building. Well, here it is. This is the one that he has sold two of. It is 30" X 50" (unfolded) and folds up so that it can be stored. We don't have any more of these this size but he has an order for one to be built. At this moment he is working on a Pirates Board that is going to 36" X 48" and will be flat. There will be no good storage place except for the top of a table. A vetran has special orderd this one and there may be two more requests for it. Karl is having fun building these. He enjoys building the bigger one that he is working on now much more because he is having to rethink everything. He should have it completed by the end of this week. I will see if I can get more pictures of it after completion.
This board game is for Pirates. I really don't know tons about the game. I know that some of the youth at church hooked Karl's infatuation and he didn't like the fact that the game did not have a "board" of some kind. One weekend he built the one that is pictured up top. Pirates is a very strategic and slow game. But people all over are willing to pay $300 per board. Shipping these bad boys is another story. Good thing I still have friends at FedEx Kinko's!
I am way to energetic and busy to sit and enjoy this game but aparently it is a pretty hot topic right now. For me it takes way too much thought to be fun! I thought since I didn't have any fun pictures of kids, I would put some pictures of the things that we are concentrating on!
Here are more detailed pictures of the ships and a close up of the game!













I have to give my husband a big 10 for a job well done and an "A" for all of his creativity. All of the islands that you can see are made of styrofoam. He painted everything, even the material (that he found to resemble water) and he also put grass and trees on the islands. There is one volcano and one waterfall. I guess that I just needed to brag and show off my love of my life.
Until next time...

2 comments:

Beck Boys said...

those are very cool. Thanks for the pictures. It is nice to see all of his hard work is paying off. Good luck with the other ones.

Pearson Family said...

Those are cool! I bet shipping is a pain, and expensive. Glad you have friends in the industry.